Individually Focused and Clinically-Grounded: Milieu Therapy at the O-School
Working as a therapeutic family under the milieu philosophy, the School provides a truly unprecedented level of care on multiple levels.
There are six key components to the School’s milieu approach:
- Supportive and therapeutic relationships
- Daily routine and structure
- Continuous exploration of life events
- A focus on self-care
- Developing friendships and peer groups
- A supportive physical space
Together, these elements form a carefully constructed milieu that can bring lasting change to the lives of students, regardless of the challenges they face.