After School Programming – Fall 2021
We are thrilled to announce the launch of O-School After School Programming this fall!
If you would like your child to participate in After School Programming (ASP), here are some things to know.
- There is no additional cost to attend ASP
- ASP is optional and is open to all students who are showing safe and kind behavior.
- Students who want to participate may attend Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
- ASP will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:15 pm – 5 pm.
- Each group will meet 1 day/week (Tuesdays or Thursdays) for a semester
- Each semester will have between 9 – 11 sessions (to accommodate for no school days)
- Fall Tuesdays: October 5, 12, 19, 26 / November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 / December 7, 14
- Fall Thursdays: October 7, 14, 21, 28 / November 4, 18 / December 9, 16
- Parents must provide transportation home at 5 pm
- Rideshare will only be permitted for students ages 18+
- ASP will be led by O-School staff members
- Student Council, Food Council, GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance), and MSU (Multi-Cultural Student Union – BIPOC student group) will NOT be considered ASP and will take place within the school day to ensure all students have the opportunity to attend.
- Shakespeare SLAM will also take place after school this fall – but there will be a separate sign up structure (see email from the English Department).
- ASP is not open to TLC (Transition Classroom) students, who have their own separate activities and programs.
ASP Daily Schedule:
- 3:15 pm – 3:30 pm – Transition/Snack (with ASP group)
- 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm – Programming!
- 4:45 pm – 5 pm – Dismissal
ASP FALL 2021 SIGN UP FORM AND CONSENT
Return completed Sign Up Form to Ellie Badesch (email@example.com) by TUESDAY 9/7
Student Name: ___________________________________
NOTE: Beginners are welcome in all groups!
NOTE: Group size is limited, so students may not get their first choice. If there is no second or third choice, please enter “N/A” – but remember that there are no guarantees.
NOTE: Shakespeare SLAM (with Michelle P and Geoff) has a separate sign-up structure, through the English Department (see separate SLAM email). It will take place on Tuesdays AND Thursdays (until 5 pm).
The above student would like to participate in ASP (fall 2021) on:
****Rank your choices 1, 2, 3
_______ Stretching, Strengthening, and Dance – Staff: Monica Moss and Lisa Staehle
_______ Running Club – Staff: Bailey Schwartz, Joseph Grey, and Adam Wasilewski
_______ Chess Club – Staff: Marshall Roupp and Kristina Verhasselt
****Rank your choices 1, 2, 3
______ Varsity Club (team sports) – Staff: Blake Henry and Cooper Ross
______ Anime Club – Staff: Kate Kenny and Nate Herman
______ Dance Styles – Staff: Mike Sherman and Roberto Rios Carrizales
I give consent for my child, ______________________, to participate in After School Programming (fall 2021) supervised by staff of the Orthogenic School.
I understand that this consent does not guarantee a student’s automatic participation, because participation may be dependent upon staff members determining that this programming is safe and appropriate for the student.
My child will have prescribed medications to be administered between 3 pm – 5 pm.
Yes – if so, the RN will follow up to get details and arrange plans.
I understand that I am responsible for ensuring my child is picked up promptly at 5 pm (following ASP) and understand that this is a requirement of ASP participation.
Safe Behavior and Pick Up Policy
I understand that, if my child has a behavioral concern either at school (on the day of ASP) or at ASP, it is possible that they will be asked to skip sessions or no longer attend the group. If my child is behaving in a way that is dangerous to self/others, I will be contacted immediately and expected to pick up my child.
By signing below, the undersigned on behalf of student, student heirs, successors, assigns, and any other persons or entity claiming through or under any of them, agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Orthogenic School, and its administrators, employees, agents, board members from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, causes of action, liabilities, costs, and expenses which may be asserted, of every nature whatsoever, known or unknown, which arise out of or are connected with the student’s participation in the Orthogenic School After School Programming.
PARENT/GUARDIAN NAME: ______________________________________________
Groups will be finalized by Friday 9/17 and parents/students will be notified via email.
Any questions or concerns can go to Ellie Badesch (firstname.lastname@example.org / 773.420.2892)