After School Programming – Spring 2022
We are thrilled to announce the next semester of O-School After School Programming (ASP)!
If you would like your child to participate in After School Programming (ASP), here are some things to know:
- There is no additional cost to attend ASP
- ASP is optional and is open to all students who are showing safe and kind behavior AND are able to stay with the group without 1:1 support.
- Students who want to participate may attend Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
- ASP will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:15 pm – 5 pm.
- Each group will meet 1 day/week (Tuesdays or Thursdays) for a semester
- Each semester will have between 10 sessions (no ASP during Spring Break)
- Fall Tuesdays: February 22 / March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 / April 5, 19, 26 / May 3
- Fall Thursdays: February 24 / March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 / April 7, 21, 28 / May 5
- Parents must provide transportation home at 5 pm
- Rideshare will only be permitted for students ages 18+
- Carpool or non-parent pick up will be allowed with signed consent.
- ASP will be led by O-School staff members
- ASP is not open to TLC (Transition Classroom) students, who have their own separate activities and programs.
ASP Daily Schedule:
- 3:15 pm – 3:30 pm – Transition/Snack (with ASP group)
- 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm – Programming!
- 4:45 pm – 5 pm – Dismissal
SPANISH CLUB – Spend your afternoon with Roberto, learning and reinforcing your Spanish language skills through culture, music, art, cuisine, and traditions! In addition to experiencing a sampling of food, music, dance, movies, and books from Latin America, this group will also take on a service project to help families in need.
RUNNING CLUB – Back for another (awesome) semester! Join Bailey and Joseph for runs around the U of C Midway and campus! A great opportunity to get outside and get some exercise! Participants must be staff-approved for off-grounds outings.
POETRY SLAM – Enjoy expressing yourself? Have dramatic flair? Dive into writing, performing, and watching
slam poetry with Michelle P and Geoff. Spend the semester building powerful pieces in preparation for a slam event in the spring. Google “Louder Than A Bomb” to see poetry slam in action!
CERAMICS CLUB (HIGH SCHOOL ONLY) – Under the guidance of our own expert potter, Elena, create hand built ceramic projects in the Art Room! You’ll create treasures to take home and share with loved ones!
GAMER CLUB – Learn and play a variety of board and card games with Kate and Nate, including (but not limited to) Uno, Clue, Speed, Checkers, and Chess! If the group can meet sportsmanship expectations, every third meeting can be video games!
DANCE STYLES – Explore the dance styles of Hip-Hop, Jazz, Ballet, and Contemporary/Modern. Mike will provide introductory lessons on each style and, then, the group will delve deeper into the styles that interest them most!